Kilimanjaro Trekking via Marangu Route 5 / 6 days
$1820 per person
The “easiest“ route up Kilimanjaro
The Marangu Route (also known as the “Coca-Cola” route) is one of the most popular routes up Kilimanjaro. Its well-developed paths and gentle ascent (with the exception of the summit day itself) make this route popular with less experienced mountain hikers. The accommodation is located in simple, but wind
sheltered mountain huts. This offers a certain advantage, since it can be quite cold in the higher altitudes on the mountain. The ascent and descent takes place in the same way.
We recommend the Marangu route as a 6 day tour with an additional acclimatization day at the Horombo Hut. This acclimatization day significantly increases the chance of a summit success. The 5 day tour should only be undertaken by experienced mountain hikers with appropriate altitude experience. The 5 day tour does not include the acclimatization day (day 3).
- The only route with accommodation in huts
- Ascent and descent takes place on the same route
- Gentle ascent on well-developed path, few steeper sections
- good acclimatization possible (as 6 days tour)
- Total distance about 73 km (as 6 day tour)
Marangu route 5 days Prices:
- $1,540 per person when 1 person travels alone
- $1,360 per person when 2 persons travel together
- $1,260 per person when 3-4 persons travel together
- $1,240 per person when 5-6 persons travel together
- $1,230 per person when 7 persons travel together
Marangu route 6 days Prices:
- $1,820 per person when 1 person travels alone
- $1,620 per person when 2 persons travel together
- $1,520 per person when 3-4 persons travel together
- $1,480 per person when 5-6 persons travel together
- $1,460 per person when 7 persons travel together
Single accommodation is not possible on this tour, as the overnight stays take place in mountain huts with multiple occupancy.
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 9:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
IncludedAirport pick up and drop offAll entrance park feesCamping equipmentFull board accommodation whilst on safariMountain crew (cook & porters)Overnight stays in tentsProfessional guideTransfers in both directions between Kilimanjaro International Airport & Arusha
Not IncludedAlcoholic and soft drinksMeals not listed aboveOptional toursPersonal ExpensesSafari jeep with pop up roof for game viewingSleeping bagTanzania visaTips and any items of personal natureTravel insurance